In case you have been wondering how to delete the trending search topics from your google search engine, this article will help you to do just that. You can delete it by going through the search settings or the incognito mode of the Chrome web browser. This article will discuss this issue widely with several easy methods to fix it.
Google search engine is the most popular search engine all around the world. Up to now, it holds about 92% of the search engine market. Anyone from anywhere in the world can search for any topic by just typing it into the search bar of the Google search engine and millions of results will generate in seconds of time. In addition to that these results will generate based on page rank, relevance and popularity among other factors.
Get Rid of Trending Searches on Google Chrome
When you are using the Google search engine it is a common thing to suggest relevant search topics for you by the Google search engine automatically based on your search topic. The main aim of this option is to provide better service to its users. But in some cases when the search suggestions get irrelevant when compared to the intended search topic. In this case, it is better to turn off this feature or get rid of these topics.
In the following section, there are some methods for you to turn off this feature by yourself.
Solution 1: Turn off trending searches on Android
If you are an Android device user and you always use the Google search engine to do your searches most of the time, the following steps will be useful to get rid of this trending search feature.
Turn off trending searches in the Google app
- First, open the Google app, on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap the Profile picture on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now tap Settings.
- Then tap General.
- Finally, turn off Autocomplete with trending searches.
Turn off trending searches in the mobile browser
- First, open the Google Chrome mobile web browser.
- Then type “google.com” into the search bar.
- Now select the magnifying glass icon showing on your keyboard.
- Then tap the three-line icon at the left corner to access the menu.
- Now tap on the “Settings” option.
- Then you need to scroll down until you find the “Autocomplete with trending searches” option.
- Finally, you need to tap on “don’t show popular searches”
Solution 2: Turn off trending searches on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and searching for a way to get rid of the autocomplete option in the Google search engine, then the following instructions are for you mainly.
Turn Off Trending Searches in Chrome
- First, open the Google Chrome mobile web browser on your device.
- Then type “google.com” into the search bar.
- Now tap the three-stripe icon located at the left corner of your device screen to open the menu.
- Now you need to select Settings.
- Then scroll down and go to the “Autocomplete with trending searches” section.
- Finally, you need to select “Do not show popular searches.”
Solution 3: Turn off Google trending searches on Windows computer
If you are using a personal computer to do your search needs through the Google search engine and want to get rid of the autocomplete option from the search engine, then this is the step you need. Please follow the steps given.
Turn off autocomplete feature in the web browser
- First, open the Google Chrome Browser on your PC.
- Then search for google.com in the search bar of your browser.
- Now go to the bottom right corner of the screen on the Google homepage and click Settings.
- Then select the Search settings.
- Now locate, Auto-complete with the trending searches section.
- Finally, please select Do not show popular searches. Click the Save button to confirm changes at the bottom.
Solution 4: Use Incognito Mode
An easy way to avoid getting these trending searches on your search suggestions is to use the incognito mode on the Chrome web browser. It will stop saving the browsing history on your search engine and that will prevent you from receiving trending topics as suggestions. Please follow the steps given below to do this option by yourself.
Turn on Incognito Mode in Chrome
- First, you need to open Google Chrome on your device.
- Then click on Menu.
- Now click on the new Incognito window.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get rid of trending searches from a mobile web browser?
In order to do this first, you need to take the user’s Android device and open your device’s web browser. Usually, it will be Google Chrome. Then on the search bar which is on top of your device screen, you need to type “Google.com” and search for it. Then in the popup Window, you need to click on the menu button in the top left corner and go to the settings using the depo down options. Then under the option of Autocomplete with trending searches, you need to select the option of do not show popular searches.
How do I change my Google search settings?
In order to do this first, you need to take your Android phone, tablet or PC and go to the web browser you are using on the search bar of your web browser please type “google.com” and click the search button. Then on the following window please tap or click on the menu button on the top right corner of your screen. Then from the list of options that pops up, you need to go to the settings option. From there you can change the settings as you wish and once you are finished changing the settings you need to click the save button on the bottom.
Are Google trending searches accurate?
As we all know Google trends are more accurate than any other one. But it does not provide any actual numbers for these trends. But it provides relative percentages based on the user queries on the topics. But unlike Google trends, the paid SEO tools are providing more details on trends.
Does cleaning your desktop make it faster?
Normally when you are cleaning up your desktop it means that you have more room to save music movies and other applications. Cleaning up the computer is the most important task for a computer user to make it faster. Once you clean your PC of unwanted things you will see how fast it runs. But in the other hand, the desktop runs by Windows and once you free up the desktop files it will free up the memory the Windows has on itself to access. Then this will help your computer to become faster than before.