If you are a Sling TV user, then you might be experiencing the issue of Sling TV crashes issue. There are several reasons for this issue, among those reasons the main reasons are internet connection issues, service outages or corrupted or outdated applications. In case you are searching for methods to fix it, then you are on the right page. This article, it is discussed the possible fixes to this issue.
About Sling TV
Sling TV is a television service that allows you to watch several streaming services that allows you to watch live shows on TV. In addition to that it allows you to watch live streaming services using only an internet connection. According to your interest, you can watch and enjoy any streaming service available like Netflix, NBC Disney or the History channels to name a few examples. But currently, this service is only available for the users in United States of America and Puerto Rico. Also in addition to that this service currently has 2.5 million subscribers.
What does the Sling TV Crashes issue occur?
When you are using the Sling TV application through Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV or Roku TV, one of the most concerning issues you might experience is the Sling TV crashes issue. This will happen like a random crash or the application will not open at all. Just imagine that you are in the middle of a movie or a TV show watch and then suddenly this issue occurs to you and you can’t think of anything to fix this issue and resume the movie. That will be a better experience for anyone.
In the following section, there are several solutions that you can try to fix this issue by yourself.
Solution 1: Check the internet connection
Most of the time this issue is a result of a slow or faulty internet connection. So before going any further you need to make sure that your internet connection is up to the required level to support the Sling TV so that it can stream your favourite content. If you need to enjoy its services, your connection should be able to meet the minimum requirement at least.
In order to check the internet speed of your device you can use the speedtest.net website.
Checking your internet speed
- First, open a browser on the device on which the Sling TV app is installed.
- Secondly, you need to go to the speedtest.net website. This is an online speed test tool that is free for anyone.
- Finally, you need to click on Go. Now this will start the speed test.
Also if you want to receive a good and better streaming experience your internet speed should have the requirements to pass at least the minimum requirement of speed for Sling TV. Also the result you receive from this website should match the subscription plan of your internet service provider.
Sling TV service requires the following speeds:
- For tablets or smartphones: 3 Mbps
- Single stream user: 5 Mbps
- Houses which has multiple streaming devices or users: 25 Mbps
In case you received a slow internet speed for your router the following steps it has described some points that you can use to speed up the internet connection on your router.
To speed up the connection on your router you can perform a power cycle process for the device. This will allow you to refresh your internet connection and it helps to re-establish a broken internet connection.
- First, you need to turn off your streaming device.
- You need to unplug the router from the power source you have been using to power it.
- After waiting for a few minutes you need to plug the router or the modem back into the power source again.
- After that, you need to wait until all the light indicators are back on.
- Then you need to turn on the streaming device.
- Then finally you need to connect the streaming device to the internet.
In some cases, users are struggling to make their internet connection stable. If you are looking for that then these instructions would be a great help to you.
- First, you need to disconnect the other devices which use the Wi-Fi network while you are watching your favourite content on the Sling TV. This will help your device to use the maximum bandwidth of the internet connection while you are watching Sling TV.
- Also, you can move the device you are using to watch the Sling TV services near to the Wi-Fi router or you can move the router closer to the device. This will allow the device to receive a much stronger signal from your Wi-Fi device.
- Also if you have a dual-band router, try to use the 5 GHz port instead of the 2.4 GHz one.
Solution 2: Force stop the Sling app
In some cases, a software glitch on the Sling application can be the cause of this issue. So if you want to get rid of a such problem a simple restart will help you to do it.
Fully close the Sling app then relaunch it.
Go to settings – applications – manage installed application – select sling – now force stop sling. Now go home and launch Sling TV on your device.
First, you need to fully close the Sling TV app and restart your device. After restarting your device, you need to open the Sling TV app on your device.
First, you need to press the home on your Roku device remote to close the Sling TV app. Now relaunch the Sling TV app.
First, you need to press and hold the back button on the Samsung remote until you’re on the home screen. Then launch the Sling TV app again.
Solution 3: Check the Sling TV server
Sometimes when there is ongoing maintenance or a server crash, you will experience this kind of interruption on the Sling TV application. So in this case you can check for any technical or server errors using the Downdetector website. When there is a server down or ongoing maintenance of the Sling TV server this website will help you to know about it. If the Sling TV service has such an issue with it, it is better to wait until the issue is solved.
Solution 4: Clear Sling TV cache files
Sometimes the Sling TV can cause this crashing issue due to a corrupted cache file. Normally applications store the data that users are using commonly when they are using the application to speed up the process and provide a better service to its users. But these cache data have a high tendency to get corrupted. Once this occurs it can cause this crashing issue.
If you want to get rid of this issue, then you need to clear the cached data from the application. To do that you can follow these steps.
Clearing the cache of Sling TV on your Android smartphone
- First, open Settings.
- Then tap on Apps. Select All Apps.
- Now select Sling TV from the list of available apps.
- Then from the App info screen, you have to select Open Storage.
- Finally, tap Clear cache.
After you have followed these steps you need to check whether the issue still occurs or not.
Solution 6: Update Sling TV
Sometimes this crashing issue can occur due to an older version of the software. Normally the technical section of the Sling TV service always tries to fix the issues with the application with their latest update. So with the new update, this issue can be fixed.
Update Sling TV on Android
- First, you need to access the Play Store app.
- Then at the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Now select Manage apps & devices. Apps that have an update available are labelled as “Update available.”
- Then finally tap on Update.
Solution 7: Reinstall Sling TV
In case the above step hasn’t fixed the problem, you need to reinstall the application. Because in most cases this will correct any setting that is changed to occur this issue or it will help to install the latest version of the application.
Reinstalling Sling TV on Android
- First, press and hold the Home button.
- Secondly, choose the Settings menu.
- Now select the Applications option.
- Then choose Manage Installed Applications.
- Now scroll down and highlight the Sling TV app.
- Then please select Uninstall and Confirm to make a change.
- Finally, you need to go to the search bar and download the Sling TV application again.
After performing the uninstall and reinstalling operation you need to log in to the Sling TV account and check whether the issue is solved or not.
Solution 8: Perform a system update
In some cases the device which you use to watch the Sling TV services can be the cause of this issue when the device’s software has not updated to its latest version. So in order to fix this issue you need to make sure that the device you are using to watch the Sling TV service is updated to its latest software version.
Solution 9: Reset the device to factory defaults
In case all of the above solutions haven’t solved the issue on your device, it is better to perform a factory reset on your device. This will help you to fix the issue because it changes all the settings to their default state.
Solution 10: Contact Sling
After trying all of the solutions above, if the problem still occurs on your device, then it is better to contact Sling TV technical support section for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Sling cutting in and out?
In case your device’s screen has a frozen picture or an intermittent buffering wheel while you are enjoying your favourite streaming services use the Sling TV application on any device. That means that the bandwidth of the internet connection you use to connect the Sling TV application to the internet has suddenly dropped. This happens when your Wi-Fi device has a lot of users or devices connected to it.
How do I fix the Sling TV problem?
To fix this problem you can follow simple troubleshooting steps. Such steps are restarting the application, reinstalling the application, clearing the app cache storage, checking the internet speed, updating the application and the device you are using to watch the Sling TV and also if all of the above solutions haven’t worked for your device, you can perform factory settings reset.
Why does my Sling TV keep loading?
To fix this problem first you have to close all the other streaming services you have opened other than the Sling TV on your device. Then if it does work then the real problem for this issue might be the internet connection you are using. So to check the internet connection status you can perform a speed test using the speedtest.net website. Your internet speed should meet at least the minimum requirement of the Sling TV application.
Is Sling better than Netflix?
If we consider the subscribers on both of these streaming services, Netflix has 209 million while Sling TV is having 2.4 million in all of its versions combined. So it shows that Netflix is better than Sling.