Tinder’s “Explore” tab provides a new approach for users to find possible mates. Here’s how to put it to use.
Whether you like Tinder or not, you’ve certainly heard some negative things about it, such as that it’s mostly a hookup app.
And, while your experience may differ, that stigma has lingered with the famous dating app for years. However, Tinder’s Explore page provides users with more meaningful methods to interact than just a few pictures and a short bio.
So, what exactly is the “Explore” page on Tinder? This tutorial will explain what it is, where you can find it, and how to utilize it to connect with other people in novel ways.
What Exactly Is Tinder’s Explore Page?
Tinder’s Explore page is a central hub with many categories for connecting with potential suitors (and even friends).
The Explore tab displays Passions categories depending on your interests, as well as recommended categories based on your profile.
Here are some of the categories in which you can participate:
- Are you available tonight? For people who wish to meet up on the spur of the moment.
- Let us be friends for those who seek only friendship.
- Meet up for an informal conversation at a coffee shop.
- Bored at Work is for when you need a break from your desk and could use some lunchtime company.
- Date Night is for individuals who want to go on a romantic date.
- Binge Watchers can help you connect with people who share your passion for TV shows.
- Gamers looking to connect with other gamers.
- Social Causes for those looking for a deeper connection with like-minded people.
- Animal Parents can assist you in finding someone with whom you can share your passion for animals.
- Creatives to assist you in connecting with other creatives and potentially sparking some inspiration or collaborating on projects.
- Brunch It’s time to find someone with whom you can share photos of your Instagram-worthy breakfast meals.
- Add entrepreneurs to your network.
- Foodies, please share your favorite dining experiences and help us find more hidden treasures in the city.
- Exchange playlists and share your passion for music with other music lovers.
- Nature Lovers can assist you in finding a hiking or camping companion.
- Sporty to find someone who shares your passion for sports.
- Night Out to find someone to paint the town red with.
- Thrill Seekers looking for other adrenaline junkies.
- Wanderlust to locate a travel companion to accompany you on your next vacation.
- Self-Care to connect with someone who values self-care as much as you do.
Tinder’s Explore Page: What You Need to Know
If you want to get started, here’s how to get to and use Tinder Explore:
- Launch the Tinder app on your smartphone.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the search symbol. This is the Explore section.
- Select the category to which you want to belong. Alternatively, you can go to the For You page to see the categories that have been recommended to you and choose the one that interests you.
- After you’ve decided on a category, click Join Now.
After you’ve joined, you can scroll through possible matches by swiping left or right as usual.
Tinder is introducing new ways for users to connect.
Tinder users aren’t all looking for a hookup or even anything romantic.
Tinder’s Explore tab provides you with just that—a plethora of options to interact without the strain of wondering if the person on the other side of the screen is your perfect match.