Here’s how to get localized versions of your favorite SoundCloud music.
SoundCloud is home to an astonishing selection of audio, all of which can be streamed in a matter of seconds. But what if you want to download music from SoundCloud and save it to your computer? While that seems straightforward in theory, there are various constraints to consider.
We’ll teach you how to download SoundCloud music on your PC and mobile devices.
How to Download SoundCloud Files to a Computer
You may choose to download music from SoundCloud in order to have a local copy on your system. You receive the artist’s raw file in its original format. This means you can listen to it endlessly without needing an online connection and play it in your preferred music program. It’s one of the many compelling reasons to utilize SoundCloud.
You cannot, however, download any music you desire. There are a few restrictions:
- You can only download from SoundCloud via the browser, not from other devices such as your Android or iPhone.
- The artist must make the music available for download. It is not active by default.
- The artist’s SoundCloud account limits the number of times a song may be downloaded:
- Each song has a limit of 100 downloads for free users.
- Pro users are entitled to 1,000 downloads of each song.
- Downloads are limitless for Pro Unlimited subscribers.
This implies you’re more than likely not going to be able to download the music you desire, so brace yourself for disappointment.
However, if all of the prerequisites are satisfied, the actual download procedure is straightforward:
- Enter your SoundCloud username and password.
- Navigate to the song you wish to download.
- More information may be found by clicking here.
- Click the Download button.
- To save the file, follow the instructions provided by your browser.
Unfortunately, tracks cannot be downloaded in bulk via a playlist or album. You must proceed one at a time.
How to Download SoundCloud Files for Offline Listening on a Mobile Device
As previously stated, SoundCloud’s mobile app does not allow you to download local files as it does on a desktop. Having said that, you might download the file to your PC and then move it to your mobile device.
SoundCloud’s alternate feature for Android and iOS is the option to store material for offline listening. You don’t get the raw file, but you can still listen to music without an online connection using the app. You must have a SoundCloud Go or Go+ membership to access this feature.
To download a playlist for offline listening, go to the playlist and then press the Download button at the top.
To save music for offline listening, follow these steps:
- To save a song to your collection, navigate to it and hit the heart.
- From the bottom menu, select the Your Library icon (three vertical lines).
- Choose tunes that you like.
- From the top menu, select the download icon (a downward arrow in a circle).
- To confirm, tap Download. This downloads all of your favorite tunes.
You may also have your existing and future libraries of likes and playlists automatically downloaded:
- Select your profile symbol in the top-right corner of the library screen.
- Navigate to Settings > Downloads.
- Enable automatic download. You can also select Only download through Wi-Fi and Download high-quality audio from this menu.
You will no longer be able to listen to your stored tracks offline if you cancel your membership (which automatically renews).
Listen to SoundCloud when you don’t have an internet connection
You may listen to SoundCloud music without an internet connection using one of these methods. If you want permanent, unrestricted access to a file, downloading the raw file through the desktop is the best option, however, most songs won’t provide this owing to the stringent requirements.
As a result, in order to use the offline listening option, you will most likely need to subscribe to a SoundCloud membership.