If you are a Peacock user, you might experience the issue of Peacock not working issue. There are several reasons for this issue to occur. Such reasons are internet connection issues, outdated software version, a server outage and a corrupted app cache. In case you are searching for a method to fix this issue you are on the right page. This article discusses how to fix this problem with easy steps.
About Peacock TV
This Peacock TV streaming service is created and operated by the streaming and television division of NBC Universal. Most of the content it streams belongs to the NBC service. This streaming service has a large database of movies, TV shows and other entertainment-related content. There are two methods that you can enjoy this streaming service. The 1st one is the free subscription method that includes a limited amount of programs with ad promotions. The second one is a premium subscription with a fee that has unlimited access to programs without any ad promotions. Up to now, this streaming service is only available in Germany, Austria, UK, US. Ireland and Italy.
Why is the Peacock not working issue occur?
If you are a Peacock TV user, you might experience this issue of the Peacock not working issue once or several times since you have started to enjoy its service. Just imagine that while you are watching your favourite content on the Peacock TV streaming service on your holiday and suddenly this issue occurred and there is nothing you could do to fix the issue. It is a frustrating experience for anyone in this case.
In the following section, there are several methods that you can follow to fix this problem by yourself.
Solution 1: Check the internet connection
Before going any further you need to ensure you have a good internet connection with high speed. Because most of the time when this issue occurs on the Peacock streaming services it is mainly because of internet connection issues. So it is better to make sure that this issue is not because of the slow internet connection problem by doing a speed test on your internet connection.
By following the steps given in below you can check the internet speed you have and check whether the leading cause of this issue is the internet connection or not.
Checking your internet speed
- First, you need to go to an internet browser using any device.
- On the browser’s search bar, you need to search for the website named speedtest.net which is free for anyone.
- Once you have entered the website click the Go button to start the test.
To have a good Peacock TV streaming experience you need to have a good download and upload speed, also the result you get from this site should match the subscription detail with the internet service provider.
If you want to have a good streaming experience with the Peacock streaming service, you need to have a speed of 3 Mbps at least.
If in case the problem is with your router, you can follow the following steps to perform a power cycle operation that refreshes the device.
- First, you need to turn off your device to stream the Peacock TV.
- Then you need to unplug the modem or the router from the external power source.
- After waiting a few minutes you need to plug the modem or the router back into the power source and turn it on.
- Then you must wait until all the lights are back on in the router.
- Then you need to turn on your device to watch the Peacock TV streaming service.
- Then you need to connect your device to the internet again and check the Peacock TV streaming service whether is the issue still occurs or not.
In case your internet connection is not stable, you can follow these steps to make it stable.
- While you are enjoying the Peacock TV streaming service you need to disconnect the other devices from the router’s internet connection. This will help your device to use the full bandwidth of the internet connection of the router while you are watching the Peacock TV streaming service.
- Also, you can move the router near to the device you are using to enjoy Peacock TV streaming services or you can move the device you are using to watch Peacock TV closer to the modem or the router.
- Also in case you have a dual-band router try to use the 5 GHz port instead of the 2.4 GHz one.
Solution 2: Check for Peacock service outage
In some cases, the problem is with the server. When there is a server outage or maintenance ongoing, this kind of issue can occur on the Peacock TV streaming service. So it is always better to check for any server issues before trying anything else.
For this task, you can use the service of the Downdetector website which is a free website for anyone who needs to know about any server issues regarding any streaming service. This will help you to identify any server issues ongoing if there are any. In case you have found that there is a server issue, then you need to wait until the issue is solved.
Solution 3: Clear the app cache
Normally the Peacock streaming service always tries to perform its best for the users. So it always tries to save some data on the cache storage to improve its performance when users are using the same streaming channels again and again. But these saved data have a higher tendency to get corrupted. So once it gets corrupted these kinds of issues can occur to its users. So to fix this issue you need to clear the cache.
To fix this cache, issue you need to follow the steps given below.
Clear the cache of the Peacock app
- First, you need to open the settings on the application.
- Then, you need to tap on the app option.
- Then if necessary you need to tap on see all apps.
- Now you need to tap on Peacock.
- Then you need to tap on storage and app cache.
- Finally, you need to tap on clear cache.
Then you need to restart the Peacock application and check whether the problem is solved or not.
Solution 4: Update the Peacock TV app
In case you have an older version of the application with you, it might be the reason for this issue. Because normally the technical team of the Peacock service always try to fix the concerning issues for its users with their new updates. So it is always better to make sure that you have the latest update with you.
Updating the Peacock app
- First, you need to open the Google Play store on your device.
- Then you need to click on the profile icon.
- Now you must review the available updates and check if the Peacock application is on the list.
- If an update is available for the Peacock application please install it.
After the installation is done you need to open the Peacock application and check for the issues.
Solution 5: Uninstall and then reinstall the Peacock TV app
Sometimes this problem is caused by a corrupted file on the application. These issues cannot be solved by changing any internal setting on the application. So to fix this problem you need to reinstall the application on your device.
Uninstall Peacock TV
- First, you need to close all the applications.
- Then you need to go to Settings.
- Now you need to locate the App option and tap on it.
- Then you need to select Peacock TV.
- Finally, you need to click the option called Uninstall.
Install Peacock TV
- First, you need to open the Google Play Store.
- Then on the search bar, you need to type “Peacock” to search for the application.
- Then on the list of options, you need to click on the Peacock TV.
- Now click on the Install button.
- Finally, wait until the installation process is complete.
After the reinstallation process is over you need to open the application and check whether the problem still occurs or not.
Solution 6: Restart the device
In case your device has some issues with the application opening even if the Peacock application doesn’t have any issues with it, this problem can occur. So if you want to get rid of this problem you need to restart the device and check for the issue again.
Solution 7: Log out of other devices
Normally a single account can only use on 6 different devices at a time. But in some cases when already 5 devices are logged in with the same account, the 6th account can have this kind of issue when starting the application. So it is better to log out from all the other devices to fix this problem.
Logging out of other devices
- First, you need to go to the Peacock home page.
- Then you need to select devices.
- Now you need to select other devices.
- Then finally you need to remove the devices you need to remove.
After following the above steps please check whether the issue still occurs or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I watch Peacock TV on my Samsung TV?
To fix this issue you need to make sure that your device is compatible with the peacock TV to stream its content first. Normally according to the Peacock technical team, the Peacock TV streaming service is only supported on the Samsung Smart TV device models that have been released in 2017 and later. So before doing anything makes sure that your device is compatible with it.
How can I activate Peacock TV on my device?
To do this you need to open the Peacock application on your device. Then you can log in to the application with your pre-existing account or a new account. In case you are trying to make a new account once you have filled in the details and submitted it, you will receive an email to set your password.
Why does Peacock have trouble when loading?
This problem can happen when you are trying to watch and enjoy the Peacock TV service while using the same network for downloading and uploading or playing online games. This can be avoided by limiting the devices you are using when you are watching Peacock TV. You need to have an internet speed of 3 Mbps at least to enjoy Peacock TV.
How do I unblock a Peacock TV?
To do this you need to install a good VPN application. Once you have installed it you need to get a US-based IP address and it will help you to get around the restrictions. Then the Peacock will see you as a US-based IP address and allow you to enjoy its service.